- Video duration
- Not yet available
- During the past few years, many people have started to use virtualized eSIMs instead of the classic physical chip card SIMs. Behind the scenes, a rather complex universe of protocols, interfaces, cryptographic operations, trust models and business processes are in operation to make this work.
However, like many aspects of cellular technology, the knowledge of the technology behind it is not widely understood. - despite its ferquent use by a large user base. This talk aims to change that, as far as possible in a 45minutes introductory talk.
Aspects covered are:
* What is an eSIM?
* The eUICC as physical "trusted chip" inside the phone
* The 3 flavors of eSIM: Consumer, M2M and IoT
* The eSIM cryptographic chain of trust
* The invovled network elements, their purpose, procedures (SM-DP+, SM-SR, LPA/IPA, ...)
The talk is a technical talk, and is held in the expectation is that the audience has some basic understanding of networking, cryptography and SIM card technology.
No description available.