If you suspend your transcription on amara.org, please add a timestamp below to indicate how far you progressed! This will help others to resume your work!
Please do not press “publish” on amara.org to save your progress, use “save draft” instead. Only press “publish” when you're done with quality control.
This talk gives an overview over all the components in a pinball machine which includes software and a lot of hardware. Afterwards, we go over all the steps when designing and building a pinball machine. We start with basic design rules, physical limits and best practices. Then, we focus on the mechanical and electronic components. After that, we talk about software and display (DMD vs LCD) options. At the end, we explain how to build or manufacture certain parts for your machine.
For the hardware, we talk about:
- EM, WPC and modern machines
- Coils and Switches
- Sources for mechanical elements
- RGB LEDs
- Display option (DMDs, LED-DMDs, LCDs) and how to control them
- Open Pinball Project (Open Hardware)
- Multimorphic P-Roc and P3-Roc
- FAST Pinball Boards
- Full custom options
- I2C and ServoControllers
- Mission Pinball Framework (Disclaimer: I'm one of the authors)
- Playfields (including printing)
- Metal ramps
- Wire ramps
- Plastic ramps